33 Heart Chakra Healing Affirmations For Love & Compassion
Are you struggling to love yourself or receive love from others? Are you someone who struggles to form healthy, meaningful relationships, feel compassion, and practice forgiveness? If so, you might be suffering from a blocked heart chakra, and working with affirmations can help you balance this energy center and step into a state of unconditional love.
The chakra system
“Chakra” is a Sanskrit word that translates to “wheel” or “disk.” These disks are spinning energy centers in the body. Each is connected to a different set of nerves and organs and rules a different part of our lives. When all your chakras are open and balanced, energy, or prana (life force), can flow freely throughout the body. This is where we want to be. But if one or more of your chakras becomes blocked, energy gets stuck, and this causes problems that manifest in physical, emotional, and mental ways.
What are the seven chakras?
- Root chakra (first chakra)
- Sacral chakra (second chakra)
- Solar plexus chakra (third chakra)
- Heart chakra (fourth chakra)
- Throat chakra (fifth chakra)
- Third eye chakra (sixth chakra)
- Crown chakra (seventh chakra)
What is the heart chakra?
The heart chakra can be found at the center of your spine, at the same level as the heart. It’s the fourth of the seven main chakras and is a middle point (or bridge) between the lower and upper chakras, which means it plays a crucial role in keeping all your energy centers balanced. It’s known as the Anahata chakra in Sanskrit, translated as “unstuck” or “unbeaten.” This chakra is represented by the color green, and the energy here is primarily feminine.
The heart chakra governs the love we feel for ourselves and others, the love we give and receive. A person with a balanced heart chakra will be in a constant state of unconditional love, serenity, compassion, and joy. They will be able to forgive themselves and others with ease. The heart chakra also allows us to form meaningful relationships that serve our deepest needs.
What are the symptoms of a heart chakra blockage?
If you are experiencing the symptoms below, don’t worry. It’s rare for someone to have permanently balanced all seven chakras. The great news is that working with specific heart chakra affirmations (and other practices) can help you balance this energy center.
Here are some of the common symptoms of a blocked heart chakra.
- Judgemental (of yourself and others)
- Struggle to give and receive love
- Holding on to grudges
- Struggle to forgive (yourself and others)
- Can’t trust yourself or others
- Fear of intimacy
- Feeling unworthy of love/unlovable
- Low self-confidence
- Isolating yourself
- Low compassion
- Low empathy
- Seeking external approval
- Inability to let go of the past
- Being in dysfunctional relationships
- Muscle pain (upper back, shoulders, arms & hands)
- Cardiovascular issues
Do heart chakra affirmations work?
In a word, yes! Research has found that repeating positive, empowering affirmations can reduce stress, boost your wellbeing, and even make you change your behavior.
You can use heart chakra affirmations in many different ways to reconnect with unconditional love, compassion, and serenity.
You might want to place your hand over your heart chakra center while you repeat these affirmations or visualize green light flowing into and circulating through your body.
33 Heart chakra healing affirmations
- I am love.
- Love is all around me.
- I am open to receive love.
- I give and receive love with ease.
- I attract kind, loving, wonderful people into my life.
- My relationships are healthy and nourishing.
- I have kind, supportive, loving friends.
- I am worthy of amazing relationships.
- I radiate loving light.
- It is safe for me to be vulnerable and intimate.
- It is safe for me to trust.
- I release judgment.
- I speak to myself with love, compassion, and care.
- I forgive myself for the mistakes I have made.
- I let go of grudges and forgive those who have caused me pain.
- My heart is open and full of love.
- Every day I learn to love myself more.
- I let go of the past, so I can enjoy the present.
- I exhale judgment and inhale love.
- My heart chakra is healing.
- I release jealousy and celebrate others’ successes with them.
- I let love into my heart.
- Wonderful friendships come to me with ease.
- I choose to connect.
- Love begins with me
- I speak to myself like a best friend.
- I am worthy of love.
- Love is everywhere I go.
- People love and accept me for who I am.
- I embrace my imperfections.
- I walk away from those who cause me harm.
- I trust and listen to my heart.
- I allow love to guide me.
How to work with affirmations for the heart chakra
There are so many ways to work with these heart chakra affirmations.
- Repeat them silently during meditation
- Use one as your Sankalpa (vow) in a yoga class
- Recite them out loud in front of a mirror
- Write them out in your journal
- Write them on notes and place these around your house
- Record a voice note and listen to it often
Other ways to heal your heart chakra
Affirmations are great on their own, but combine them with other spiritual practices for the best results. Here are some other ideas to add to your affirmations and unblock and heal your heart chakra.
- Essential oils – Rose, ylang ylang, lavender, sandalwood, and frankincense are all great for the heart chakra. Combine them with a carrier oil and massage them into your heart space, or add them to a bath.
- Crystals – Rose Quartz is one of the best crystals to heal the heart chakra. Green ones, including Jade, Emerald, Green Aventurine, and Amazonite, can also be effective. Meditate with these, place them on your body, wear them as jewelry or position them on your altar.
- Yoga – Camel pose, wheel pose, cobra pose, upward dog pose, and puppy pose are all great for opening the heart space and healing the heart chakra.
- Meditation – Use guided meditations that focus on heart healing or forgiveness or visualize green light entering your body and filling you up.
- Write – Write yourself (or someone else) a letter of forgiveness or a love letter. Make a list of all the grudges, resentment, and jealousy you wish to let go of, then burn it. Journal using self-love prompts.
Ready to heal and open your heart?
I hope this post has inspired you to use the power of affirmations to heal your heart chakra. As you go through the list, write down the affirmations that resonate most with you because this is a sign of something you need to heal. And feel free to use these as inspiration to write your own heart chakra affirmations.
Drop your favorite affirmation in the comments below!