65 Root Chakra Affirmations For Healing & Grounding
There are many ways to clear and heal a blocked root chakra, and working with affirmations can be incredibly powerful and help to ground us.
Have you ever felt unsafe in your body? Does life feel chaotic and out of control? Are you struggling to sort out the basic foundations of your life (home, health, and wealth)?
If you’re nodding your head, you might need some root chakra healing.
“Chakra” means “disk” or “wheel” in Sanskrit. These wheels are energy centers in the body that run from the base of your spine to the crown of your head. Each chakra is connected and related to different nerve bundles and organs.
There are seven main chakras (we actually have many more than this, but I won’t go into detail on those here).
Here are the seven chakras:
- Root chakra (first chakra)
- Sacral chakra (second chakra)
- Solar plexus chakra (third chakra)
- Heart chakra (fourth chakra)
- Throat chakra (fifth chakra)
- Third eye chakra (sixth chakra)
- Crown chakra (seventh chakra)
What is the root chakra?
The root chakra (also known as the Muladhara) is located at the very base of your spine and is represented by the color red. This chakra gives us a strong foundation for life, connects us to mamma earth, provides us with strength, and helps us navigate any challenges that may come our way. It creates a sense of security, grounding, and stability. You’ll notice that the root chakra affirmations in this post all center on these core themes.
The root chakra is also connected to men’s sexual energy. In contrast, women’s sexual energy is connected to the sacral chakra (because our sexual organs sit higher in our physical bodies).
When the root chakra is balanced, we feel like our basic needs are taken care of, and we feel a sense of belonging in the world. We have a healthy relationship with our bodies and a strong sense of self-worth. We flow in our lives, and life feels easy and abundant.
Because the root chakra is the first of the seven chakras, you can think of it like the roots of your energetic inner tree. Your roots must be healthy and strong if you want the rest of you to grow, be healthy, and flourish. If there’s an imbalance here, it will affect all the other chakras. This is why if you’re new to chakra healing, it’s best to start with the root chakra.
What are the symptoms of a root chakra blockage?
All seven chakras can become blocked. This can cause them to be overactive, underactive, or a mix of the two.
Symptoms of an underactive root chakra
- Weak physical body
- Discomfort or disconnection in your physical body
- No care for your diet
- No interest in food
- Low physical strength and endurance
- Low self-worth
- Low self-esteem
- Weak or undefined boundaries
- Lack of sense of belonging
- Sloppiness with personal care
- Struggling to be present in the moment
- High fear
- Feeling unsafe
Symptoms of an overactive root chakra
- Feeling heavy or stiff
- Easily annoyed/triggered by people and situations
- Excessive negativity
- Feeling stuck in life
- Resisting and avoiding change
- Rigid boundaries
- Eating disorders
The affirmations in this post are created to help you heal all of these root chakra blockages.
A note on affirmations
Affirmations are positive statements, usually beginning with “I” or “I am,” that help us rewrite the negative, limiting beliefs and stories we hold in our minds. They are written in the present tense and with positive, empowering words.
It’s okay to create or work with an affirmation, even if it’s not your truth right now. For example, if you don’t feel abundant but want to, you might choose to work with the affirmation, “I am standing in the flow of abundance and ready to receive.” That’s the whole point of affirmations—they help us embody something that we aren’t quite there with yet.
However, you don’t want to lie to yourself and ignore what’s going on in your physical world. For example, if you’re currently in an abusive relationship, the affirmation “I am safe” would not be true for you. A better affirmation would be, “I am strong enough to leave my abusive relationship.”
Also, while affirmations are great, they are only positive statements. Using these alone is unlikely to create much change in your world. Combine affirmations with choices and actions that support your intentions. This is where you’ll start to shift things.
65 Root chakra healing affirmations
- I am safe.
- I am grateful.
- I am strong.
- I am abundant.
- I am grounded.
- I am worthy.
- I belong.
- I am exactly where I am meant to be.
- My body is healthy and strong.
- I make healthy choices that nourish my body.
- I am safe and grounded.
- I am home here.
- I am independent and self-sufficient.
- I am worthy of love and respect.
- Money flows to me with ease.
- I am a money magnet.
- The Universe will always provide.
- I trust in divine timing.
- I am proud of myself.
- It is safe to ask for help.
- I have everything I need.
- I deserve to feel safe, always.
- I am supported by mamma earth.
- I am deeply connected to my body.
- I give my body what it needs to flourish.
- I release my doubts and fears.
- I feel at home in my body.
- I am fully rooted in the present.
- I am strong and stable.
- I have access to everything I need to thrive in this life.
- I radiate abundance, and this is what I attract.
- I remain calm amid the chaos around me.
- My needs are always met.
- Here is exactly where I am meant to be.
- I feel safe in my body.
- I wake up each day feeling energized, strong, and supported.
- I am powerfully rooted to the earth like a tree.
- I appreciate the ability I have to stay calm at all times.
- I am grateful for all that’s good in my life.
- I am whole.
- I honor my body like a temple.
- I am financially secure.
- I am successful.
- I am fearless.
- I am wealthy.
- I am at peace.
- My body takes care of me.
- I exhale fear and inhale trust.
- I have everything I need within me to create a beautiful life.
- I love my life.
- I am calm.
- I am happy.
- I am open to growth and new experiences.
- I am bursting with positive energy.
- I am powerful.
- I am here for a reason.
- I am content.
- I am held by the people around me.
- I am worthy because I am here.
- I am good at setting healthy boundaries and respecting them.
- I embrace the journey of life.
- I let go of all I no longer need.
- I am grateful for the challenges that come my way because they make me stronger.
- I find opportunity in every challenge.
- My presence is my power.
How to work with these root chakra affirmations
There are so many ways to work with affirmations.
- Journal with them
- Recite them out loud
- Meditate with them
- Practice yoga with them
- Set them as alarm reminders on your phone
- Write them down and place them around your house or carry them in your bag
- Record a voice note with them that you can replay
As you go through the root chakra affirmations above, note the ones that resonate most with you. Which ones make you pause and linger a little longer? This is a sign that there’s something here your soul is seeking.
I’d love to know your favorite root chakra affirmation from this list. Copy and paste it or share your own in the comments below!