50 Vibrant Sacral Chakra Affirmations For Pleasure & Creativity
The chances of meeting someone who has permanently unblocked all seven chakra centers are rare, although this is definitely the goal! Most of us are dealing with at least a couple of blocked chakras, whether our root, heart, or throat chakra. If you currently feel out of balance sexually or creatively, you might have a blocked sacral chakra, which could cause it to be underactive or overactive (more on that later). One of the simplest (and most effective) ways to heal this energy center is by working with specific sacral chakra affirmations that resonate with you and your current struggles.
This post will show you how to unblock your sacral chakra by weaving affirmations into your daily practice, whether repeating them out loud, writing them in your journal, or incorporating them into your meditation practice.
What is the sacral chakra?
“Chakra” is a Sanskrit word for “wheel” or “disk.” Chakras are energy centers in your body, and there are seven in total, each relating to different nerves and organs. When your chakras are open and unblocked, energy can move freely through your entire body. You’ll feel balanced and connected to yourself and your world.
The seven chakras:
- Root chakra (first chakra)
- Sacral chakra (second chakra)
- Solar plexus chakra (third chakra)
- Heart chakra (fourth chakra)
- Throat chakra (fifth chakra)
- Third eye chakra (sixth chakra)
- Crown chakra (seventh chakra)
This post will focus on the sacral chakra (known as Svadhishthana in Sanskrit), the second chakra symbolized by an orange lotus flower. This chakra is located at the center of your lower abdomen, below the belly button, and at your womb space.
The sacral chakra is where women hold their sexual energy, while men hold their sexual energy in the root chakra (because their sexual organs sit slightly lower).
Your sacral chakra governs your sensual and sexual energy, creative energy, intuition (hence the term “womb wisdom”), emotions, and relationships. This chakra allows us to feel pleasure for pleasure’s sake; it influences our feelings and lets us make art.
Most of us know that we’re either sexually or creatively blocked on some level. Both are linked to blockages in our sacral chakra. Unblocking and opening the sacral chakra with affirmations helps us live a more passionate, pleasurable, and vibrant life and create and maintain healthy relationships. Who wouldn’t want that?!
Why does it get blocked?
There are two primary reasons why the sacral chakra gets blocked.
Firstly, our current society has a fucked up relationship with sex. We don’t talk about it. We shy away from it. And we reduce it to something purely physical and biological.
Men are sold it as a commodity (porn, strip clubs, prostitutes), while women are taught that it’s wrong, dirty, and something that is only done to procreate or give a man pleasure. This is baffling once you know that the clitoris is the only sexual organ made purely for pleasure. Men do not have an organ like this, nor do any other mammals on Earth.
The result is a ton of fear, guilt, and shame around sex and our bodies, and a lot of assault and abuse.
The second reason our sacral chakra gets blocked is that we live in a society that does not honor or value the feminine (but she is rising). Masculine traits are valued, while feminine ones are ignored or deemed worthless. Logic is a masculine trait, while creativity is its opposite and a feminine trait.
This is why our education systems, workplaces, and many parents don’t encourage or nurture creativity. And this leads many of us to believe we’re not creative, but the truth is, we all have access to the same amount of creative energy. Some of us are just tapped into this far more than others.
Think about what the cause of your blockage might be. Because when you find the cause, you can start to heal your sacral chakra, by rewriting your beliefs, working with affirmations, and engaging in other holistic energy practices.
What are the symptoms of a blocked sacral chakra?
There are two ways that a sacral chakra blockage can manifest. It can be underactive or overactive, or it might flit between these. All of these indicate a struggle to find a healthy balance.
The good news is, all of these symptoms can be healed, and sacral chakra affirmations are a great place to start.
- Feeling low-energy or lazy
- Lack of creativity
- Low libido
- Loss of joy and excitement
- Unable to express emotions
- Feeling unloved
- Low self-worth
- Sexual addiction
- Uses sex to deal with emotions
- Mood swings
- Unhealthy attachments
- Overemotional / ruled by emotions
- Lack of boundaries
- Creates or is drawn to drama
What are chakra affirmations?
Affirmations are phrases (often starting with “I am…”) that help us cultivate a more positive, empowered mindset and help us manifest our deepest soul desires. You might have heard the phrase, “thoughts become things,” or read The Secret, which is built on the belief that we create our reality with our minds.
Repeating affirmations can help us unblock and heal our chakras so that energy can flow freely through us. Our intentions can direct this energy and create more harmony. And this is also backed by research.
50 sacral chakra healing affirmations
I’ve compiled a list below of affirmations you can work with to heal and balance your sacral chakra. You can use these in lots of ways:
- Write them out in your journal
- Repeat them out loud in front of a mirror
- Repeat them in the bath as part of a spiritual bath ritual
- Meditate with them
- Set one as an intention during your yoga practice
- Put them as alarm reminders on your phone
- Write them on sticky notes and place them on your altar or around your house
- Write them on a scrap of paper that you fold and keep in your purse or handbag
- Do a voice recording of them and listen to it
As you go through this list, make a note of any sacral chakra affirmations that stand out to you or give you tingles. This is a sign that there’s something here for you to work on.
- My body is sacred.
- I embrace my sexual nature.
- I attract wonderful, inspirational people into my life who support and nourish me.
- I hold the power to manifest my deepest desires.
- I am a wild, free, sexual being.
- I unleash my creative energy.
- I am an artist.
- I love and respect my body.
- My sexuality is sacred.
- I honor my boundaries and walk away from anyone who doesn’t respect them.
- Passion flows freely through my blood and bones.
- Pleasure is my birthright.
- I deserve to feel tidal waves of pleasure every day.
- My emotions are my teachers.
- I am creative.
- I am worthy of love.
- I am at home in my body.
- I am safe in my body.
- Sex is a sacred, spiritual connection.
- My art is valuable.
- I value my art.
- I am open to receive pleasure.
- Today, I choose joy.
- I feel safe loving people.
- I feel safe having and enjoying sex.
- I breathe in vibrant, orange light.
- Change is nothing to fear.
- I release drama and negative energy.
- I feel energized and excited to greet this new day.
- It is safe for me to get close to people.
- Inspiration flows through me like a wild river.
- The Universe sends me ideas, and I act on the ones that truly light me up.
- I am a vibrant, sexual being.
- I open to the divine voice of my intuition and welcome her guidance.
- I am an amazing friend.
- I feel safe being who I am.
- I make play a priority in my life.
- I am living a wondrous, fulfilling, and passionate life.
- I am alive.
- I honor my desires.
- I release shame, guilt, and fear.
- I am a loving, compassionate, and open friend.
- I deserve to experience bliss.
- I am desirable.
- I feel my emotions but recognize they do not rule me.
- Creating art feeds my soul.
- My body was made to feel pleasure.
- I embrace intimacy and loving connection.
- I make time to be creative.
- My intuition grows stronger every day.
Ready to work with these affirmations and heal your sacral chakra?
I hope this post has helped you figure out if your sacral chakra is blocked (and why) and given you some vibrant affirmations to work with to unblock and heal this powerful energy center so you can experience more joy and pleasure in your life.
Choose the affirmations you’re most drawn to (or just one) and start weaving these into your daily life and spiritual practices.
Which one of the sacral chakra affirmations above is speaking to you the most? Drop it in the comments below!